Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

I mentioned in a earlier post that there was a reason why I had gotten so behind on blogging.  And there are actually several reasons. For one, it's been Spring Break and I've done my best to make this an enjoyable, relaxing week for the kids. Second, our internet connection has given us fits over the past week. Lastly, we've had quite a lot on our minds over the past few weeks.

It's no secret that we visited a potential church near Douglas, Georgia about three weeks ago.  If you've never heard of it, I'm not surprised because frankly, it's in the middle of nowhere.  Long story-short, we felt really good about the situation despite the fact that it would be six hours from home and we'd be leaving behind family, friends, and essentially everything of comfort here in Chattanooga.  I've known this was coming some day and nearly everything felt right about this church/situation. It was going to be a real test of faith and obedience on my part, but I'd set my own agenda aside, trusted Ryan and more importantly the Lord, and have been emotionally gearing myself up for a major relocation.

We got the call Thursday afternoon that we were not the top choice for what had been relayed to us as practically a done deal.  The church opted for one of their own South Georgians in a nearby town that could begin immediately instead of several weeks from now, once we'd be able to get there.

The emotional drain on us (Ryan included) has been heavy. We seriously thought we were only days away from actual house-hunting, hiring movers, looking at a new school for Thomas, and the list goes on.  If I've been distant to any of my wonderful friends here, I apologize.  Subconsciously I think I'd tried to brace myself for serious heartbreak and may have pulled away a little. I love you all and you know who you are!

It's so hard to try to live life without borrowing too many 'what ifs?' from the future and at the same time be practical about actual, potential realities.  Then, like a switch, turn it all off and forget it and go back to being in the here and now.

But that is what I've decided to do. We are here for now and that's all I am concerned about.  The Lord knows the path we are on. He knows the when and where and I've refocused enough to know that while  He is concerned about every detail of our lives, I don't have to be.  If I can make sure my family is loved and cared for each day, that's a big enough job for me. I am stepping off the worry roller-coaster for a while.

Sooooo.....without further adieu, here's how we spent a little of our Spring Break.

Sunday...Easter (see earlier posts)

Monday...gym, Moe's for lunch, played at the park, Thomas baseball game

Tuesday...Ryan and Thomas, movie...Me, Mae, & Kate trip to Mere-Mere's

Wednesday...came home from Atlanta, Mae spent the night with Isabella

Thursday...rejection from South Georgia, Lookouts Game

Friday...(me) lunch with my great friends Jamie and Emily, family date night at Armando's, movie on a pallet in the living room

Saturday...yard sale, Thomas learned to ride his bike with Mimi's nudging, dinner with Nana and Grandaddy at El Meson

Sunday...church, lunch at Lupi's, Mae gets a new bike (it's not her fault birthday and Christmas are one month apart), lots of fun outside, laundry, grocery store, getting ready to get back into the swing of things for all of us...

(see pictures below)





















Oh this weather has been wonderful. I can't wait to get outside plenty more this week!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Claire, it sounds like you guys have had quite a lot on your plate. You all are so faithful and I know God will being you peace and happiness where ever he chooses for your family to be! I had no idea this was all in the works but will be praying for you guys and your future!!

The Messer Family said...

Praying for your family, Claire. I know it must be so frustrating trying not to concentrate on the "whys, "whens," and "wheres," but take heart in the strength that only our Heavenly father can give. You guys are so special and I know God's got something huge for you all. Enjoyed your spring break pictures!

Kellie and Chuck said...

Hey Claire! I am sorry that the church in GA did not work out, but leaving it in God's hands and letting Him guide your path will always lead you in the right direction. I understand about pulling away from friends that you love when you are going thru difficult times in your life. I have been guilty of that myself, even to current date. I know what it is like to want something and pray for something and then it all fall thru or don't get the answer you wanted or expected. You want to ask why, but God knows and in time he will answer your prayers. I wish you and Ryan the best! You both will be greatly missed when the time is right to move on, but you are right...enjoy the moment now and everything else will follow. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a nice spring break! I, too, am sorry that it didn't work out for you guys to get the church in GA... well, ok, selfishly I'm a little happy that it didn't... only b/c I will be so sad when God does open up the right door for you, especially if its far away. But I know that God does have great things in store for your family. The waiting is the hardest part. Looking back on times when I had to wait on God's perfect timing, I can see that He was working and moving and making the situation just perfect. I know that He is doing the same for you!

Amanda O'Rear said...

I'm sorry things have been hard on you. It makes me feel bad that I wasn't there for you...because you have been so good about being there for me. You for sure don't have to internalize everything...you are a wonderful friend to all of your friends and we all love you dearly. I do the same thing, pull away without my even being fully aware of it. It can be tough.
Please know I am here for you always...I wish it wasn't so hard for us to get together! I am up for a lunch chat or a date night as soon as we can get that set. We are so swamped with games and life in general..but we just need to make the time and make it work.
Love you friend...and by the way...is it totally wrong that for now...I am happy with you being here!