Tonight I had a date night with my big boy Thomas. After VBS we got the girls home and tucked into bed (and left them supervised with my parents) and me at Gus hit the town.
Since Chuck E. Cheese was about to close, his plan B was doughnuts and milk from Publix and we rented a Blockbuster movie :: Megamind.
He showed me his top tooth that is loose.
We talked about missing Dad.
We talked about each of our top five favorite things about summer so far.
Topping his list was getting a new Braves hat in Myrtle Beach.
This boy is getting so big. So grown up. So independent.
I treasure our little excursions just the two of us.
{I told him he needed to hold my hand since we were on a date...at least until we got inside of Publix. He said, "Mom, it's not a real date." I said, "I know, technically not since I drove and I'm paying." And he said rather duh-ishly, "uh....and your my Mom."}
Love my time with my Thomas.
4 comments:
Precious time spent!!!! You are doing such a wonderful job during this "mom only" time with the kids. We are so thankful for you, Claire.
Uh, and you're my MOM! LOVE it! Love that mommy and son time w/ my big boy too.
Priceless times!! I know he's really stepping up and being the man of the house since Ryan is gone. So glad you are enjoying your summer.
lol at the duh-ish comment!!! what sweet memories though. gosh they grow up so fast.
Post a Comment