Monday, June 13, 2011

mae navratolovovic


Tonight Mae had a tennis lesson with resident pro, Kaitlin.  Kaitlin did a great job of working with Mae on several fundamentals.  She said Mae-Mae is a natural and "hits the ball like and eight, nine, or ten year old."

These videos are all really short but showcase Billie Jean's arm =)

Here she is hitting it forehanded (with only one arm).



This one is like five seconds long and it's a shot of her back hand... (that's Kaitlin's dad, Don in the background...he stopped by to drop something off for Kaitlin).


And here she is returning the volley.





I know I'm gushing here, but an older man stopped by where I was sitting and asked how old Mae is.  He said he saw and heard her hitting the ball from the track. He told me that both of his daughters played college tennis (one at University of South Carolina) and that Mae showed some real talent.

Proud of you EMW.




5 comments:

The Bates Family said...

Great Job Mae! She will be beating Kaitlin before you know it!

V-n-J said...

I think she's found her sport ... and you've got your retirement:)
great job EMW!!!

Teresa said...

Mae is a determined little girl...she can do anything she decides she wants to do! (and did i say competitive like her mama?)

Rebecca said...

I am gushing with you...and not at all surprised by that Mae!! Can't wait to follow this one.

Anonymous said...

Wow! She can really hit it! Good job Mae!!! And love her tennis name! :)