I am so excited. I found a new blog today through Big Mama. The new blog is Kendi Everyday and it's a fashion inspired blog that focuses on utilizing what's already in your closet to 're-mix' new outfits. The goal is to choose 30 items to make 30 different outfits to wear for 30 days.
A few summers ago, Mere and I did a similar challenge based on the 80/20 principle (we wear only 20% of our clothes 80% of the time).
I know many women who feel like they never have anything to wear, yet our closets and drawers are overflowing.
This challenge is very inspiring to me on many levels and I hope others will want to join in.
Tops ::
Silver sequin top, Belk
Floral multi-layer, ruffle tank, TJ Maxx
Cream cotton cardigan, Target
Gray and white stripe l/s shirt, The Limited
Black, lace cardigan, TJ Maxx
Cream 3/4 sleeve shirt, Belk
Purple cardigan, TJ Maxx
Gray and cream ruffle tank, Target
Gray ruffle cardigan, Rue 21
Army green jacket, TJ Maxx
Black, floral, ruffle shirt, Kohl's
White l/s ruffle dress shirt, The Limited
Gray pin-stripe, ruffle shirt, J. Crew
Black long sleeve t-shirt, Target
Yellow, cropped cardigan, Target
(15)
Miscellaneous ::
Red belt with bow, The Limited
Brown skinny braided belt, The Gap
White ruffle scarf, Rue 21
Gray leggins, TJ Maxx
Black opaque tights, Target
Flower pin, (so old, I don't even remember where I got it)
(6)
Bottoms ::
Skirts, pants, dresses
Army green skirt, Gap Outlet
Black skirt, TJ Maxx
Dark jeggings, Marshalls
Lighter jeggings, Gap
blue on blue dress, Walmart
Straight let jeans, Gap
Black skinny jeans, TJ Maxx
Black dress, Belk
Boyfriend jeans, Gap
(9)
A few summers ago, Mere and I did a similar challenge based on the 80/20 principle (we wear only 20% of our clothes 80% of the time).
I know many women who feel like they never have anything to wear, yet our closets and drawers are overflowing.
This challenge is very inspiring to me on many levels and I hope others will want to join in.
- I definitely don't need to be buying more clothes. I have plenty.
- I want to fix up more often. I fall easily into the trap of wearing the Mom-drobe, jeans, tennis-shoes, or "comfy" shoes, and a hoodie or fleece.
- I make sure my kids look presentable before leaving the house, why not me too?
- I think I'd feel better about myself if I consistently made grooming myself a priority. I sometimes think, 'when Ryan and I were dating, would I have worn this?' Just because I am a mom doesn't mean that I. must. look. frumpy.
- I think I can embrace funk-i-fying my look a little bit more. I mean I'm not going to go around looking like Beyonce, but many, many days I my duds look pretty duddy. Or dowdy.
- This season is typically the one where I'm left scratching my head about what to wear. I'm over winter, but there's lots of cool weather left. It's almost spring; sometimes warm, sometimes cold.
I spent some time this afternoon going through my closet and picking my 30 pieces of clothing. And my shoes. And I even started piecing together a few outfits.
I did not include jewelry or shoes in my 30. I'm only using 6 pairs of shoes. Here's what I've got.
Shoes ::
Brown leather heels, Banana Republic, via Goodwill
Black heels, TJ Maxx
Black Flats, TJ Maxx
Yellow flats, Gap, via Goodwill
Blue suede shoes, Target
Brown boots, TJ Maxx
Tops ::
Silver sequin top, Belk
Floral multi-layer, ruffle tank, TJ Maxx
Cream cotton cardigan, Target
Gray and white stripe l/s shirt, The Limited
Black, lace cardigan, TJ Maxx
Cream 3/4 sleeve shirt, Belk
Purple cardigan, TJ Maxx
Gray and cream ruffle tank, Target
Gray ruffle cardigan, Rue 21
Army green jacket, TJ Maxx
Black, floral, ruffle shirt, Kohl's
White l/s ruffle dress shirt, The Limited
Gray pin-stripe, ruffle shirt, J. Crew
Black long sleeve t-shirt, Target
Yellow, cropped cardigan, Target
(15)
Miscellaneous ::
Red belt with bow, The Limited
Brown skinny braided belt, The Gap
White ruffle scarf, Rue 21
Gray leggins, TJ Maxx
Black opaque tights, Target
Flower pin, (so old, I don't even remember where I got it)
(6)
Bottoms ::
Skirts, pants, dresses
Army green skirt, Gap Outlet
Black skirt, TJ Maxx
Dark jeggings, Marshalls
Lighter jeggings, Gap
blue on blue dress, Walmart
Straight let jeans, Gap
Black skinny jeans, TJ Maxx
Black dress, Belk
Boyfriend jeans, Gap
(9)
15+6+9=30 items.
I'm going to post my weekly remixes on Fridays through March 18.
Does anyone else think they could do this?
3 comments:
I totally feel you on the whole "frumpy look" thing. Why do I go through these stages?!? I mean seriously it takes me just as long to throw on something cutesy as it does my sweats. I have been making a more mental effort as to what I put on. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I have always looked at you as one of my more fashionable friends. You always look great!
You certainly have more style and fashion sense than I do. I'm stuck in that stay at home mommy rut and usually just wear whatever I feel like throwing on. I'm excited to see what outfits you come up with too. :)
I would so love to join in this challenge ... I really should but seeing as though I am still sitting in my workout clothes I might fail before I even start! Can't wait to see what you come up with. You always look so put together so I am sure you wont have any problems with this challenge:)
Post a Comment