Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Color, An Obsession, The Knobs, Some Ribs, A Tooth

A Color ::
I ended up going with this shade of blue.  It's Olympic, Blue Zephyr.
I was kind of hoping for something like this.
It's leftover from some recent painting in the barn. Waste not. Want not.
My top color choices were a blue, green, or yellow. Ultimately, the blue/gray won.
I felt like it would work well with our interior.



An Obsession ::
I only have one drawer filled right now.
But I am working on the other two.
Probably going to reorganize my craft supplies and keep them all here.
I may have an affinity for stationery. It's one of my collections.
Ryan thinks I am weird for using small containers inside drawers.
He said, "isn't that what the drawer itself is for?"
He just doesn't get it.










The Knobs ::
I got the knobs this week.
They are from Hobby Lobby. But close enough to these that I like.
At first I thought I wanted a glass knob, but finally decided with antiqued brass.



They were 6 @ $2.99 each, half off. $9.80 tax and all.
The knobs were paid for from a gift card to Hobby Lobby from Beth & Jaime.
(They said I'd be taking a little part of them with me to Texas...they were right!)
In all, I have exactly $15 in this entire piece.







I did some rearranging.
There was an occasional chair here, but it's now in the foyer.
It is where a Pier One bookcase used to be.
The book case is about to go on Craigslist.
All of its contents are now in the living room on a bookshelf in there.


Some Ribs ::
We had a quiet family-style Valentine's meal at home last night.
Ryan grilled and to that I added, fried squash, steamed cauliflower,
heart-shaped mac-n-cheese, salad, strawberry muffin cake


I think I may have married a soul-man.
He has the touch when it comes to the grill.
I don't especially like ribs, but these were finger-licking good.




Three sweet Valentines.


We knocked those out of the park.


Gus-Gus was working his ribs so hard that his loose tooth went from loose to looser.
After dinner Ryan pulled it....out.




Here's to the toothless wonder. 

*And just for fun, I've been checking my Comments Moderation page, watching it get really close to having 2000 comments since I started my blog in February 2008. It's actually gone past 2000 and is now nearing 2100.  I'm giving away one package of new Martha Stewart stationery to a lucky winner. I am going to use random.org to generate a winner from the comments left on this post. Giveaway is closed at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow, February 16, 2011.

Okay, at our church Valentine's Banquet, Ryan and I were contestants on the Newlywed Game. One question we didn't get right was, "What would your husband say that you have too much of?"

My first thought was the stationery (which I'd just reorganized hours before the banquet). Instead I said, "all of the thrift-store deals I bring home."

Ryan said, "purses and bags."

Just for fun, what's your obsession?
What thing(s) would you and/or your spouse say you have too much of?

UPDATE::
Random.org selected #5 as the random, chosen winner.
Becky Wood...you win some stationery.



8 comments:

Teresa said...

First, I wanted to say I love the chest...color and knobs...and looks great in the room

Second, my response to the question of obsessions... shoes, costume jewelry & scarves (love accesories)

Anonymous said...

Love how it turned out! You totally transformed it! So happy Jaime and I could contribute to your project. :) The knobs we looked at were very similar to those... same color maybe a different shape (?). And I like the little bins to keep all your stationary organized - makes sense to me. I love stationary too but don't have all mine in one location. Hhmmm... I may have to get all of mine organized soon.

As far as my obsession, Scott would probably say shoes, bags and jewelry.

Chad N Julie said...

I gotta agree with bro on this one...drawers are for organizing by themselves.

Response to your question: Chad would definately say that I have too much of an appetite and tennis shoes. (what irony)

Blake, Alisha, and Jackson said...

Love, love, love the chest. Very cool that you have so much stationery. Who doesn't love to get a hand written note in the mail these days?

Blake would probably say I have too many books, and maybe too many clothes.

Rebecca said...

Love the chest and how it fits into your room...hoping that you will inspire me to organize a few drawers at my house...

My obsession would absolutely be purses!!!

Emily Copoer said...

Claire, I love the chest and how you added your accessories on top!! I would have to say that my obsession is running shorts! I love to look at them from Athleta, Dick's, Gap, Old Navy, Target, Academy, Front Runner, Fast Break...I just love them! Thank goodness summer is coming and Ican wear them more! Love you dear friend!!

Anonymous said...

this is Jaime....its almost 1 and I want in :)

The Sandefurs said...

I am almost postive that those are the exact knobs that we were going to get you! It looks beautiful!