Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's the First of the Month...Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake Up

Today was the Goodwill Half Off Day that happens on the first Saturday of each month. I got there minutes after the doors opened, along with many of the other crazies in Hixson. A few friends were there too and that made for some fun.

I was there for close to an hour and a half and ended up leaving with only three things.  As usual I load up my cart and end up putting half of it back.

Some things I considered, but didn't get ::

Brand new Sperry Topsiders that were a bit too large for Thomas, $3.49
Brain Quest game, $0.99
Decorative curtain rod with football finials (new in package), $3.49
New in box, set of 8 'as seen on TV' Magic Hooks, $0.99
Gray wool sweater for me, $2.99

But here's what I did get ::

A little ruffle, half-zip fleece from Coldwater Creek (new with tags)
Goodwill price $2.99





 Extra-large, white, metal wire basket
Goodwill price $1.50



Hopefully this will help keep things from sliding all over my cargo space of my SUV.
Perfect for my UTC bag, grocery bags, and books-to-be-returned to the library.


And last but not least...this old, ugly thing.
Goodwill price $14.99



I have half a can of Zinsser primer still in the basement that is just about to burn a hole in my pocket.  I've seen a few cute ideas floating around blog-land complete with some fun color treatments and decorative knobs. I got home around 9:45 this morning, by noon, Ryan was *shocked* that I hadn't already started sanding it. I told him to stay tuned....soon, Grasshopper, soon.

1 comment:

The Sandefurs said...

Ok, I missed that you got this Sat. Did you have it set aside with your name on it or saw it after we left?